Tips in designing baby's bedroom

I have been chatting with one of my college friends... Well our topic is about her newborn baby. She wanted to decorate the room for her 2 weeks old baby. She asked me if I could help her with it. The decisions to be made may seem endless when deciding how to decorate your baby's room, I believe that it is because as parents, we want the best for our child, we want everything to be absolutely perfect. I believe that the room we decorate for our kids would contribute a lot in their being. This are some few tips that I have learned and applied when I was in that stage. Hope it will help.

The first step in creating an atmosphere for your baby that will make him feel comfortable and loved. During the first few months of a baby, I learned that they already see but not that clear. So, I prefer to use high contrasting colors like red, black and white. It will easily get their attention. As they grow old... you can start adding some colors or themes in your baby's bedroom. To stimulate your child's imagination and help in building his intelligence and creativity, choose interesting, colorful styles and patterns on his/her beddings or crib.

If it is possible, paint the walls with light colors. Then post some posters that would gain their attention. This would help you save when time comes that your child is getting older and you need to replace the designs and decoration in the room.

Parents should be aware of the danger of suffocation when it comes to infant and newborn. Though we want our child to have something to catch his/her attention while he/she is on his/her crib, self-suffocation can be life threatening if the proper precautions aren't taken. Keep all small items out of a child's crib until they're at least six months of age. Small pillows, toys and any other light objects that your child can move present an immediate risk to the well being of your child if they are left in a crib.

No comments: