Being a parent…

You cannot realize the depth and beauty of parenthood until you experienced it… You see the surface; you do not grasp the depth.


Before I never thought that it was true. All my life, I’ve memorized the words me and mine. Nothing in between…

I recall a lot of times when I ask my mom to buy me something that I want…. I remember how sad her face while explaining that we can’t afford to have one. Honestly, even though I understand her, sometimes, I still hope that she could do something to buy me one. I remember feeling sorry for myself…a little bit envy about the others.

Now that I am a mother of two… I realize how my mom felt during the time that she cannot give what I want. I want to give the best to my kids…everything that they need. But sometimes I fail... and I really feel bad about it.

Now, I wonder how my parents felt when I got married and left home to have a family of my own. Thinking about it in years to come…when my kids will be on their own too… Ouch! I don’t know how to take it.

I guess all parents experience this sad separation when they see their kids get older, have friends, get married, and leave home.

But love is like that.

It is giving oneself without expecting anything in return.

Have you ever not wonder… you see mom busy about the house, serving the family, taking care of the kids, doing chores, 7 days a week…, no day off… no promotion… no salary at all.

If I want to get paid… then it isn’t love. It’s a business opportunity.

I love my kids…and wherever life takes them, my precious children can never be taken away from my heart.

No comments: